CPI ESSAY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
CPI FLORIDA HORSE SHOW
Open to athletes in grades 8 – 12 entered to participate in the CPI Florida Horse Show. In order to award the scholarship, there must be a minimum of (5) entries in the award contest.
The entry deadline for the CPI Florida Essay Scholarship Award is as follows:
2020 CPI Florida Horse Show Participants: December 31, 2019
$500 to the winning essay. The award will be paid to a college, university, trade school or vocational school. Upon enrollment to any of these post-secondary educational schools, a written request from the award winner must be made for payment to the designated school.
Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
To avoid disqualification, essays must include a cover sheet that includes:
- Name and Address
- Email address (parent or rider)
- Your current grade level
- DO NOT put your name on any of the pages of the essay, only on the cover sheet; your essay will be disqualified if your name is on any other page
- Essay must be no fewer than 800 and no more than 3,000 words in length, and double-spaced.
- Essay must be submitted using the button below on this webpage as a WORD file by and must be received by the following deadline:
December 31, 2019 no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Essay must be the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification from ALL CPI Scholarship contents.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- All entries become the property of the CPI and will not be returned.
- Winner will be notified at the end of the horse show.
- Contest winner agrees to allow the CPI to post his or her name on any of the CPI’s affiliated websites.
- Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
- Scholarships must be claimed within 5 Years of completion of high school.
Essay submissions will be judged on style, grammar, spelling, and creativity. The judging committee is comprised of professors, school administrators and business professionals. Essays are evaluated in a blind three-round judging process. Winners’ names are unknown to the judges until after the contest results are finalized.
Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the CPI that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the CPI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If the CPI elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, the CPI will not retain any rights in the submitted essays.
Upload your essay by clicking on the button below