CPI HORSE SHOW FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We thought we would compile all of our Frequently Asked Questions regarding CPI and CPI Horse Show events and share them.
If you have a question and it is not listed please send us an email at email@example.com
1. Do I have to own a horse/bring my horse to a CPI Horse Show?
NO, that is the best part about a CPI Horse Show! CPI supplies ALL the horses for a CPI Horse Show event. Just like in an intercollegiate setting where the college hosting supplies all the horses, CPI supplies all the horses for our events and all student-athlete riders draw their appropriate, trained horse to compete on.
2. What tack do I have to bring? Do I have to bring my saddle?
Another great benefit to CPI is we supply ALL the tack including saddles. We ask that all student-athletes PLEASE leave their saddles at home, as you are not allowed to use them, and we do not want them to walk away.
3. Who is eligible to participate in a CPI event?
Student-athletes in grades eight through 12 who ride at any level from walk trot canter to advanced riders. That’s right CPI is NOT just for young women, we welcome young men as well.
4. Do I have to bring my trainer/coach with me?
A trainer is REQUIRED for student-athletes to compete at a CPI Horse Show event, however, if your trainer/coach is not available, you can sign up to participate in the CPI Hire-A-Coach Program.
5. Do I have to ride in the CPI Mounted Clinic to participate in a CPI Horse Show?
NO, the CPI Mounted Clinic is completely optional and not required to participate in a CPI Horse Show event. However, you DO have to participate in a CPI Horse Show event to participate in a CPI Mounted Clinic.
6. I want to participate in a CPI Horse Show event, but it is not in my budget, what are my options?
GOOD NEWS, we understand that CPI can be cost-prohibitive for some student-athlete riders that is why we offer the CPI “Fund My Ride” program through the CPI Scholarship & Educational Fund – CPI Jr. Ambassador Program. In short, you can fundraise your entry for the CPI Horse Show event you would like to attend while helping raise money for the CPI Scholarship & Educational Fund.
To learn more about the CPI “Fund My Ride” program offered through the CPI Scholarship & Educational Fund please including all the rules and requirements please visit the page on our website by clicking here.
7. I am participating in the CPI “Fund My Ride” program and want to participate in the CPI Mounted Clinic, can I fundraise the entry fee for the CPI Mounted Clinic?
No, the CPI “Fund My Ride” Program does not allow you to fundraise your entry fee for the CPI Mounted Clinic. You can, however, participate in the CPI “Fund My Ride” program to cover your CPI Horse Show entry and pay for the entry fee for the CPI Mounted Clinic.
8. What should I wear for the CPI Mounted Clinic and/or CPI Horse Show?
CPI Mounted Clinic Attire – you should wear breeches with a belt, tall boots, a polo shirt or a sun shirt tucked in, an approved helmet, and riding gloves.
CPI Horse Show Attire – When competing at the CPI Horse Show you are required to wear conservative show attire as would be worn in the equitation or hunter divisions at a USEF sanctioned show, this includes breeches with a belt, tall boots, a show shirt, an approved helmet, and riding gloves.
Crops and spurs are provided by CPI; however, riders should keep them handy just in case.
9. I am attending a CPI Horse Show event and I am making flight reservations, what time does the horse show end?
While we would LOVE to give out an exact time the horse show will end, this is a horse show. We recommend when making flight reservations that you book the LATEST flight out on Sunday evening or early Monday morning.
10. My student-athlete rider is missing school to attend a CPI Horse Show event, do you provide excusal letters for school?
YES, we do! Most schools will excuse your student-athlete rider’s absence since they are meeting with colleges during the CPI Horse Show event. If you need an excusal letter you can request one from us. The school “Excusal Letter Request” can be found under the CPI Horse Show Event you are planning attending, under “Athlete Resources” which can be found under the information tab.