CPI SCHOLARSHIP & EDUCATIONAL FUND
OVERALL HIGH POINT RIDER SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Athletes in grades 8 – 12 entered to participate in a CPI Horse Show event.
$500 to the athlete with the highest point score at the show. The award will be paid to a college, university, trade school or vocational school. Upon enrollment to any of these post-secondary educational schools, a written request from the award winner must be made for payment to the designated school.
- The athlete must show in both phases, flat and over fences or walk trot and walk trot canter
- There must be at least three (3) riders in each class for the athletes to qualify for the CPI Overall High Point Rider Scholarship Award
- Point system: 1st – 7 points, 2nd – 5 points, 3rd – 4 points, 4th – 3 points, 5th – 2 points, 6th – 1 point
- In the event of a tie, the over fences score will determine a high point champion and a reserve high point champion.
- Athletes must be present at the end of the horse show to receive the award.
- Award winner(s) agree to allow the CPI to post their names on any of the CPI’s affiliated websites.
- Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes.
- Scholarships must be claimed within 5 Years of completion of high school.
Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to any causes beyond the control of the CPI that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the CPI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the award process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.