CPI SCHOLARSHIP & EDUCATIONAL FUND
CPI PHOTOGRAPHIC SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
CPI FLORIDA HORSE SHOW
Athletes in grades 8 – 12 entered to participate in the CPI Florida Horse Show. In order to award the scholarship, there must be a minimum of five (5) rider entries per category in the award contest.
There will be one award per photo category. Each winner will receive $50. The award will be paid to a college, university, trade school or vocational school. Upon enrollment to any of these post-secondary educational schools, a written request from the award winner must be made for payment to the designated school. CPI athlete can win more than one category. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
All entries must be submitted and received by the following deadline:
CPI Florida Horse Show: February 20, 2021, at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
How to Enter:
Each Entry consists of a single image, but a CPI Horse Show athletes may submit more than one Entry.
The Categories for entries are:
1. Horse Athlete (Horse Only picture)
2. Sponsor signage or presence
4. Event Seminar
5. Rider(s) receiving ribbon and/or prize
6. Friends together at the horse show (candid)
7. Rider(s) in hunt seat action
8. Miscellaneous Event Picture (any moment of your choice captured during the event)
- There is no limit on the number of entries per rider but there must be a minimum of five (5) athletes entered per category for a prize to be awarded. Each entry must comply with the following photograph requirements:
- Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Photographs must have been taken at the CPI Horse Show.
- Cropping, minor burning (to darken highlights), dodging (to brighten shadows) and/or color correction is acceptable.
- The goal of using digital darkroom techniques should be to adjust the dynamic tonal range of an image so that it more closely resembles what you saw.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The entries in each Category will be judged separately, in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below.
The panel of judges will include professionals in media, design, and photography. They will be looking for photographs that can tell the story of the CPI Horse Show based on the following criteria:
• Timeliness — the images have meaning in the context of a published chronological record of events.
• Objectivity — the situation implied by the images is a fair and accurate representation of the events they depict
• Narrative — the images are suitable to combine with other news elements, to inform and give insight to the viewer or reader about the experience.
In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to the CPI Horse Show, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest; publication in the CPI magazine or online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Display or publication of any entry on the CPI’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins, that the CPI Horse Show and Authorized Parties may use the winning photographs and each winner’s name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval. Scholarship money won must be claimed within 5 Years of completion of high school.
Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the CPI that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the CPI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If the CPI elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, the CPI will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.
You may submit up to ten (10) photos per entry, you may submit more than one entry. All entries must be submitted by the deadline above.