CPI CHAMPION OF SERVICE
Riders in grades 8 – 12 entered to participate in the CPI Horse Show who have served a minimum of 36 hours of community service during the 16 month period prior to the award application deadline, and who have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
The entry deadline is as follows:
2019 CPI Florida Horse Show participants: December 31, 2018
2019 CPI Florida March Horse Show participants: February 28, 2019
2019 CPI New Jersey Horse Show Participants: August 31, 2019
$500 to the rider with the highest number of community service hours served. The award will be paid to a college, university, trade school or vocational school. Upon enrollment to any of these post-secondary educational schools, a written request from the award winner must be made for payment to the designated school.
- Community service is defined as a service that is performed for the service of a charitable organization that has been granted nonprofit, tax-exempt status by the IRS.
- Entrant must supply the CPI with the following forms:
- A letter on the organization’s letterhead documenting the entrant’s service performed and the hours served.
- A copy of the IRS letter of recognition of exemption of all the organizations that are documenting entrants’ service hours.
- A current school transcript with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- Forms must be sent via United States Postal Service Certified Return Receipt
- The CPI reserves the right to disqualify any hour(s) of community service deemed questionable.
- Entry must be postmarked no later than the entry deadlines listed above by 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time.
- All forms become the property of the CPI and will not be returned.
- Winner will be notified at the end of the horse show.
- In the case of a tie, the rider with the highest GPA score will win. If the GPA scores are also tied, then the entrant’s CPI Horsemanship Test Score will determine the winner.
- Award winner(s) agree to allow the CPI to post their names on any of the CPI’s affiliated websites.
- Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
- Scholarship money won must be claimed within 5 Years of completion of high school.
Mail the required forms via United States Postal Service Certified Return Receipt to the following address
CPl Scholarship & Educational Fund
CPI Champion of Service Scholarship Award
2705 Uvero Alto Drive
Killeen, Texas 76549
Please email a copy of your Postal Receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org